New Norway film - not any time soon

I think I'll start using this blog to also post important emails I receive in reply to my MiceAge articles. Here's one from Stefan:

I wanted to add on to your note about the new urgency for the Norway film update. While I hope that is true, last month I had written the Norwegian Embassy in DC asking them about this and surprisingly I got a nice long email back, which I wish I had now saved since it from the Minister of Tourism or something close to that.

Anyway to recap it they said while the Norwegian government no longer supports the pavilion (money wise) there were talks awhile back to update the film to be done by Innovation Norway, a film company. But he said due to "Disney's steep and strict fees and policies" (those I remember being his exact words) these talks had fallen through and there is currently nothing in the works for this. He said the Embassy still would love to see this happen and they do care for the Norway pavilion even though they don't financially support it.

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.