Free Car Rental Upgrades

If you rent a smaller size vehicle online, when you get to the car rental dealer are you likely to get a larger car?


It certainly does occur that you will get to a car rental company and recieve a free car rental upgrade, if they don't have the smaller car that you booked available.

I don't know if I would use the word "likely", which to me means more often than not... I would be more apt to say that, while it can happen, it's not something that you should count on; ie book a smaller car than you actually need figuring on getting a larger one just may not happen.. they either may be sold out of larger vehicles or will have what you ordered and therefore charge you for the larger car.

The only tip I would offer you (other than to make sure that you book at least a size that you can use if it is all that is available) is to ask if there are any free upgrades right when you get to the counter.

You may get to the counter and they may ask you if you'd like to upgrade your vehicle for $xxx extra per day. They may do this even if they don't have your smaller car available, just to try and save the cost of renting out the larger car at the smaller car price.

You can just either ask right away when you go to check out the car, or if offered an upgrade for a fee... just say that you weren't ready to pay more and ask if there were any free car rental upgrades.

I'm sorry I couldn't answer your question more specifically... I honestly don't know what the statistics are for automatic free upgrades to larger cars from the car rental companies.. but I hope this helps somewhat!


Read more about Car Rental Policies


Category Article , , ,

2 Responses to “car rental deals orlando international airport”

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.