Split the Charges on a Business Car Rental

My company doesn't want us to take out car rental insurance. I feel more comfortable if I have it since I don't cover my personal vehicle, which is pretty old, for collision.
Here is my question: When I rent a car can I ask to have the charge split between my credit card, to pay for vehicle, and my debit card, to pay for the insurance?


I contacted reservation reps from Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz and Thrifty. All said that, to the best of their knowledge, it is not possible to split payment for a rental car between two different credit cards. Keeping in mind that these are reservation agents, not actual counter managers, each also suggested that it would be worthwhile for you to call the specific location that you wish to rent from (you can find direct location phone numbers through yellowpages.com) and ask to speak with a manager on duty about your request and if it would be possible.

I hope this helps


Read more about:

Car Rental Policies Guide


Making Car Rental Reservations





Category Article , , , ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.