Questions about Car Rental

I have some questions about rental car. please help me. I want rent a car in stockholm Sweden...
1) the price of a 6 persons' car per day with gps?
2) does the car have gps with europe maps?
3) can I pay the rental payment in cash or credit card is required?
4) if credit card is required, can I use my friend's credit card or not?
5) can I rent car in sweden and drop off in another country?
6) I have an international driving licence from iran. can I in europe? thank you for your attention.

Let me start with the questions I can answer:

2) Most car rental companies now offer gps systems with Europre maps for rental ... they have a limited number of units, so a gps rental is usually not guaranteed; you can only request it. You would have to check with individual companies for the pricing of a gps unit rental and also be aware that the car rental company will probably charge and extra fee for dropping the gps unit off in a different country, as well as the extra charge for dropping the car off in another country.

3)A credit card is required with at least the full amount of the rental including all taxes and charges available to be authorized on the card.

4) The credit card must be in the renters own name... you cannot use someone else's credit card.

5) You may be able to rent a car in Sweden and drop it off in another country... it depends on which country, what type of vehicle and which car rental company you rent with. Most of the larger brands of car rental companies (Avis, Budget, Hertz, Sixt, etc will allow one way rentals
into certain countries). You would have to check out individual companies with the specifics of your pickup city, drop off city, pick up and drop off dates and times and car type in order to check availability and check and see what the extra cost is for the one way drop charge.

Note: Cars rented in Sweden are not allowed into the following countries: Albania, Bosnia, Belarus, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Croatia, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Montenegro, Poland, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine and Yugoslavia. Luxury cars are
not allowed into Italy.

6) An international driving licence is also required if your licence is non-roman alphabet.

now for question 1) I'm sorry I cannot give you any kind of answer about rates for a specific rental. It really depends on so many factors.

Car rental prices vary from company to company, city to city, (even different locations within a city or town) country to country and date to date and for different vehicle types. They're always changing!

You need to compare rental cars, rental car companies and rental car rates for the specific locations both pick up and drop off, specific pick up and return dates, times and vehicle type that you want, and reserve in advance in order to get a reserved rate. Even if I had all the information, by the time I checked prices and emailed you back, then you went to go and get that price quote, the prices would probably have already changed.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help with that part of your question, but I wish you the best of luck with your rental.


See more about:

Car Rental Policies Index
Credit Identification
International Rentals


Category Article , , , , ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.