I got into an car accident and my insurance company said I didn't have car rental insurance in my policy that would cover damage to a rental car-- I only have coverage that would provide for basic public liablity and property damage. Do you have any suggestions as to what I can do? I don't want to purchase any car rental insurance or damage waivers.. they cost too much!


Sorry to hear about your situation. When you sign a car rental contract, you are taking full financial responsibility for the rental car.

The only suggestion that I have for your situation is that you should check to see if there was any car rental insurance provided through the credit card that you used for the rental.

There are four credit cards that come with a rental car loss and damage insurance plan. Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover. It's important to know that with regards to rental insurance coverage, credit card companies' policies can be very different in regards to who's covered, to what extent, in which vehicles and where and for what length of rental (you should check to see if the credit card coverage would extend for the full length of your rental).

I suggest that you visit creditcards.com for a great basic overview of credit card coverage.

But note that it is best that you call your issuing bank to get information on the specific details, especially restrictions and terms and conditions, of your particular credit card's individual policy plan.

Read more about:

Car Rental Insurance Overview
Credit Card Coverages


Category Article , , , , , , ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.