Can my Brother Use his Credit Card to Rent me a Car?

I had an interview out of state and the company paid for my flight and they got me a rental car. I just had to show them my divers license.

Can my brother reserve a car for me and pay for it using his credit card? Just like the company did for me when the flew me out for an interview.


Unfortunately, the car rental company will not allow your brother to reserve a car for you using his credit card. You would have to show a credit card in your own name at the rental counter in order to pick up the car.

The only reason that the company you mentioned would have been able to do this, is if they have a corporate account with the car rental company that was set up as a direct bill account. Many corporation set up their corporate accounts this way, so that all car rentals autorized by them for business rentals are billed to one central account... that is why, for that rental, that you didn't have to show a credit card.



Read More About:
Car Rental Policies Index
Credit Identification for Car Rental
Business Car Rentals




Category Article , , , ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.