Car Rental Credit Card Policies

Does anyone know of a car rental agency that does not require the credit card holder to be present?

My father-in-law, who lives 300 miles away, would like to rent a car by phone (using his credit card). The rental agency must be in my town, because I'm to pick it up and drive my family down to see him, then use it to go home. Is there an agency that will do this?


I'm sorry, this can't be done. The renter of the vehicle (the credit card holder) must to be present in order to be able to rent the car. Unfortunately, you can't rent a car for someone else to pick up. You would automatically be considered an additional driver, even if you were the only driver.

My only suggestion to you is that you rent the vehicle and have him reimburse you the cost of the rental when you see him.

Good Luck with your situation, I hope you can find a solution.


Reference:

Credit Identification Policy


Category Article

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.