Can I Rent a Car for Someone Else?

I would like to rent a car for my brother. He's over 25, but doesn't have a credit card. Can I just go to the rental car company and rent the car and let him drive it; then he can pay for it when he returns it?


The car rental companies would require him to be there when you go rent the car. He would have to sign an additional driver form. I checked the policies for various car rental companies; unfortunately, they require the additional driver to have a credit card in their own name as well as a valid drivers license. If you were to rent the car and let him drive it, you would be violating the terms and conditions of the rental contract that you sign. While you can reserve a car for him, you cannot "rent" it for him.

Hope this answers your question.


More resources:


Car Rental Policies Guide


Additional Drivers


Drivers License Requirements


Credit Identification


Category Article ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.