Stresa Sights One Year Anniversary!!

A little more than a year ago, while visiting in Stresa, this American girl had the idea to start a blog about the city. I wasn't sure what I intended for it to be, but I gave it its first breath, posting the first post one year ago today. Then I let it grow, I let it evolve, and slowly, over the months it began to take on a life of its own. People stopped by to read it. Some left me comments and others wrote e-mails. Their thoughts let me know what was needed to add to the blog. More people came, and they began asking questions and advice about Stresa. I discovered I knew the answers. I discovered they had no other reliable place to go to ask an English-speaking person about the city. Some people wrote several times, also after their trips, to let me know how everything worked out. A few I've even gotten to meet in Stresa. Eventually even some Stresiani became curious about Stresa Sights. Who was this crazy Americana, and why was she doing this? Some got to know me, and others asked me to help promote events. One year later, Stresa Sights has become, I feel safe in saying, a resource, a guide, and a friendly English corner in this wonderful little Italian town. Basically, consider us your friend in Stresa before you even arrive here.

One year, almost 200 posts, dozens of comments, questions, and mails. We're going to keep doing what we're doing. After all, I promised that there are at least 1000 things to appreciate about Stresa, so we still have so much to talk about. I'd like to thank everyone who has stopped by, those of you who have become regular followers, those who have written for advice, and most of all, those of you who have actually visited Stresa and gotten to know it. After all, that's what I'm here for, sono qui per questo...

Grazie, grazie, grazie, to everyone for a wonderful year! I'm having so much fun doing this!


Category Article

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.