Can I Rent a Car for Someone Else using My Credit Card?

I want to rent a car for my son and daughter. My son is 23 and my daughter is 26. I want to use my credit card to pay. Neither one has their own credit card. Is this possible? I would be buying the car damage insurance policy on both. My son would be picking up in Melbourne Fl and my daughter would be picking up in Myrtle Beach Sc.


In all my research, I've never found a car rental company that would allow this. While you can reserve a rental car for someone else, it's not possible to rent a car for someone else. Car Rental policies regarding credit identification state that the renter must meet the minimum age requirements (usually an extra fee for renters under 25), present a valid drivers license and show a credit card in their own name at the rental counter with whatever available credit the car rental will require.

This policy is standard for all the major national brands -- Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Hertz, National, Thrifty, etc.

You may try contacting some smaller, independantly owned car rental companies, (try searching for car rental companies for Melbourne and Myrtle Beach on yellowpages.com) -- you can contact them to see if they would allow you to use your credit card to rent a car for your son or daughter.


Read more about:

Car Rental Policies Index
Additional Drivers for Car Rental
Drivers License Requirements for Car Rental
Credit Identification for Car Rental
Car Rental Deposits

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.