Can I Rent a Car for my 20 Yearl Old Son?

My son is 20 years old. Can I rent a car for him? If so, which rental company in Houston, Texas


Sadly, no... you can't rent a car for anyone.... you can reserve a car for someone, but not rent it. Whoever shows up to pick up a car must show a valid drivers license and credit card in their own name. They must meet the age requirement for the rental... between 21 and 25 depending on the agency. If you rented the car, your son would have to sign on as an additional driver. Additional drivers must meet the same requirements as the renter and complete and sign an additional driver form at the counter. Your son's age would disqaulify him to rent or drive a rental car.

I checked into rent a wreck, which often has a lower minimum age. Their website states:

"Usually, Rent-A-Wreck requires renters to be at least 18 years old, but some locations may require a minimum age of 25 years. For consumers under 25, a credit card is usually required for payment and the rental rate may be higher. Please contact the individual Rent-A-Wreck car rental location for their specific age policies."

I checked, but rent a wreck only has one location in Texas; it's in Clear Lake. Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but thanks for your question.


Category Article , ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.