Cheapest Car Rental Scenario for Disney World Christmas Eve

I'm looking for tips for the most affordable way in the following senario?

I need to drive from disney world to jacksonville, FL 12/24/09.
I fly out of Jacksonville, Fl 12/30/09.
I will be visiting family there so could possibly return car upon arrival.
Thank you for your advice.


The first thing I did was check Travelocity (so I could compare mulitple companies at once) for pickup at Disney World on the 24th of December. When I tried checking rates it appears that all the disney world locations are closed Christmas eve. The airport car rentals are the only ones open.

If you look at pickup at the Orlando airport (MCO), on the 24th of December, Budget seems to be the cheapest - over $100 for one day - if you drop off at the Jacksonville airport (JAX) within 24 hours.

If you look at renting at a disney location for pick up on the 23rd of December and dropping off in Jacksonville within 24 hours, Budget is still the cheapest (still over $100 for the one day).

If you look at renting for the full time - pick up at a Disney World location on the 23rd of December to drop off in Jacksonville on the 30th - Avis seems to be the cheapest - over $800.

YOur best bet always is to compare mulitple companies and book as far in advance as you can. Booking sites like Travelocity are great because you can compare multiple car rental companies at once, but I would always still double check the cheapest supplier through their own website as well. You can also check with a discount code, if you qualify. There are hundreds of membership programs and professional associations that offer car rental discount codes to their members. You can find a list of over 350 car rental discount codes for 8 major car rental companies on my website, at Car Rental Discount Codes

I hope this helps!


Category Article , ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.