One Way Pickup Truck Rental

I am in San Diego CA and need to go to Dallas TX. I want to rent a pick up truck in order to take a few things with me,(mountain Bike)and other items best for truck bed. Can I rent a pick up truck one way?? or is it best to have some one Rent one in Texas Drive it out here and then go back or for me to fly to texas and do same,,,it seem that if u got out of state, milaige rates go up??? Any ideaas or suggestion thanks


I did some checking and could find no one way pickup trucks anywhere. I don't think it's something that's allowed in general.

You certainly could have some one rent one in Texas, drive it out to San Diego and then go back or you could fly to Texas and do same; but there may be another option that you may want to look at first.

I know it's bigger than when you need, but renting a 10' moving truck one way may be a cheaper option.

I checked with Budget Truck Rental and UHaul. Both companies will allow a one way pickup truck from San Diego to Dallas. With Budget, the costs starts around $1000 or so for a week and had unlimited mileage.

Budget truck rental website offered the following tip

"...the best rates and availability are mid-week (Sun.-Thurs.) and mid-month"

A UHaul rental was a little bit more expensive and and the rental was limited to 1608 miles (for up to 6 days).

Just something you may want to consider along with your other options.

Hope this helps!


More info on Truck Rentals


Category Article

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.