Hurricane Day Reminds me of Snow Days!


My boys jumped up and down as the news reported "schools will be closed today due to Tropical Storm Ernesto." Strange, I know, but that's Florida. It reminded me of snow days up North when I was little, when my brothers and sister and I just waited for a day off from school in the winter time. Yes it's just August, but this is our "Snow Day." And it got me to thinking that Fall is just around the corner, and there is so much to look forward to coming up at Disney and Universal and Sea World. I love this time of year at the Parks. There are so many special things to do with my family!

I can't write about them all in one day, but the first thing that comes to mind is "Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party" at Disney's Magic Kingdom. This special event is good for toddlers to seniors. It is so much fun - I just love it. Your kids get to trick-or-treat throughout the park, the characters dress up in costumes, the staff hand out cookies and hot chocolate all night that is just so scrumptious, and while this is going on the park is of course decked out in fall colors and pumpkins and halloween decorations galore.

Also, Disney has an awesome parade down Main street U.S.A. for Halloween with lights and music and characters and themes - it's just fantastic. I really can't say enough about this special event for the family. It's one of those warm and gushy memories to keep forever.

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.