Disney's Animal Kingdom - I went on Expedition Everest!




The Most Miserly Mom had a wonderful day at Disney's Animal Kingdom today! I just love this time of year - no lines - great weather - and great bargains - I love it!

One of my money saving tips is to come visit Disney at this time of year. September is a super time to visit Orlando and the theme parks. You can get discounted hotel rooms and discounted tickets virtually everywhere. There are no crowds and no lines. Today at Animal Kingdom was no exception.

Animal Kingdom opened at 9:00am and I arrived just about that time. I parked in the Unicorn parking lot. (There weren't any unicorns at Animal Kingdom by the way) And I headed to the park. There were no lines to enter into the park, and since I have a Florida Resident Seasonal Pass I just headed right on in.

The main thing I wanted to mention in my blog is that I went on Expedition Everest today! It is the newest attraction at Animal Kingdom. It was awesome! I didn't know exactly what to expect - which made it all the better - It is a roller coaster inside "a mountain guarded by the abominable snowman." I Highly Recommend it! I don't want to totally give the ride away, but let me tell you that it is GRRREAT! You get twists and turns you don't expect, and you really wonder what will happen next. Definitely DO NOT MISS THIS RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are so many other attractions that just capture adults and children alike at this theme park. DinoSaur, Kali River Rapids, The Safari of course, It's Tough to be a Bug, not to mention the shows - The Lion King, Flights of Wonder, and all of the wildlife and natural habitat. This theme park combines the best of natural wonder and created magic for our hearts and souls and minds to enjoy simultaneously for hours on end.

And that's just what I did today - enjoyed myself to no end. And I did it cheaply, as I always do, since I am The Most Miserly Mom. I rarely ever eat food at the parks, I bring a lunch and listen to the entertainment provided in the parks while I do this. For instance, today in Africa the drums were beating and the AFrican musicians were singing and I enjoyed my own sandwich, fruit, water and homemade chocolate chip cookies. Animal Kingdom provides many sitting areas to enjoy the music, a beverage and a meal, so I enjoyed the one I brought from home in my backpack. This way I save money, enjoy the park, and have a marvelously Miserly Day!


For more information on Animal Kingdom go to: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/parks/parkLanding?id=AKLandingPage

And for Miserly Money Saving Tips visit my web site: http://www.cheaporlando.net/
Check out my book: A Mom's Miserly Guide: Orlando, Universal, & Disney on $25 a Day

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.