EPCOT Specials!


Yesterday I had the best time at Epcot ever! I mean it was the best time I have ever had at Epcot - from the minute I got there (9:10am) until I left (3:00pm). Everything was spectacular.
Let me explain.
I arrived right when Future World opens, at 9:00am. This is the section where Spaceship Earth, Soarin', Honey I Shrank the Kids, Mission Space, Test Track, The Living Seas, and Innovations are. THERE WERE ABSOLUTELY NO LINES ANYWHERE! The most I waited was 4 minutes. I went on every attractin by 11am! This is the best time of year for no lines. As I say in my audios, and I write in my book that you can buy at www.cheaporlando.net September is one of the best times to travel to Orlando and the theme parks for the least amount of crowds. One of the best things about getting through Future World so quickly was that I made it to the World Showcase by 11:00am when it opened!

Before I talk about the World Showcase I just want to tell you a couple of things about Future World that might be new. First is about Mission Space. I am one of those wimpy ones who has been scared to go on Mission Space. I don't really like being spun around out of control and I get kind of sick on simulators, so I have been leery of it. But leave it to Disney to help me out with their new "Less Intense Training." I chose the Green Team line which means I didn't have all the spinning and I didn't get sick and I got to enjoy Mission space. It really is not too intense and even if you are a wimpy one like me, I think you can take it! If you are claustrophobic though, don't even bother. They warn you at least 30 gazillion times not to ride if you are fearful of dark enclosed spaces, because basically they are trying to simulate a dark space capsule that is sending you to Mars. They do this pretty well. I liked that part. If you aren't claustrophobic, definitely go for it. And if you like to spin, then go for hte Orange Team!!

The other thing I tried out yesterday was the new ride, Soarin' It is a free-flying hang gliding adventure. It is also part -ride, part-simulator, but it is really awesome. I really felt like I could almost touch my toes in the ocean as we were flying. I highly recommend it. I don't want to say too much because it will give it away, but you sit in a pseudo hang-glider and go on your own personal flight through nature and then some.

Okay, on to the World Showcase. However, I must tell you that on the way I had to stop at my favorite store. And what would that be????? Well, since I am cheap (www.cheaporlando.net) That would be the souvenier shop that sells everything for $10 and under of course! If you make a right as you exit Future World it is up on your left. You must check it out!

The World Showcase was also free of crowds and I had a blast checking out all of the Countries and their wares and goodies. I checked it all out yesterday - Mexico, Norway, Germany, Italy, America, China, Morocco, and on and on and on - it is so cool checking out culture and cool stuff. You have to check out my book for my favorites, but I want to tell you now in my blog a couple things. Did you know that you can actually get Chinese take-out that is not that expensive? Did you know that the ride in Norway is absolutely phenomenal? Did you know that you can sit in the courtyard in Italy and drink a glass of wine listening to music as if you were actually sitting in Venice? Did you know you can feed two people for $8 on a platter of food from Mexico? Do you know you can wander around Epcot and listen to live Mexican Music, German Music, American bands, watch Jugglers, listen to comics, watch mimes, parades, glass blowers and all kinds of other entertainment.

I guess what I am getting at is that you can get a lot of bang for your buck at Epcot.
I had a blast. Look for more info in my book at www.cheaporlando.net

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.