Is Disney Just For Kids?


Although the name of my Blog is Florida Family Vacations, and although I absolutely LOVE taking my boys to Disney, and although I have virtually THOUSANDS of tips for families for traveling to the theme parks with their families, I can't help but notice all the honeymooners and grown-ups traveling to see Mickey these days. And yes, even my husband and I visit the parks alone while our boys are in school. (We sneak off - yes we do!) We hold hands, we eat ice cream, we go on Space Mountain, we have a real date, and we enjoy ourselves immensely.

Truly Disney is not just for kids, and there are many special events designed to draw adults in to the parks to enjoy their "adult" selves.

For instance, The "Super Soap Weekend" will be at Disney-MGM Studios Novmember 11 & 12. All the big Soap Opera stars will be there. The Epcot International Food & Wine Festival will begin September 29 throug November 12th. And as that goes on there will be concerts - The Beach Boys, The Four Tops, Loverboy, Gloria Gaynor, all kinds of other bands too.

Pleasure Island is always a great place for adults to play, with comedy clubs, dancing clubs, jazz clubs and all kinds of places to let loose.

There is also a Night of Joy on September 8th and 9th where over 110 top Christian music artists will be singing in the Magic Kingdom.

I guess my point is that although us adults can always have fun with our kids at all the parks, we can also have fun as grown ups acting like kids too! :-)

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.