Car Rental One Way to New Jersey

Can I get a rental car in California and drive it to New Jersey?

I go to college in California but I live in New Jersey. I'm transferring to a college in NJ for the spring so I need to bring all my stuff from California to NJ. I don't have a car and I can't fly with all my stuff. Can I rent a car in California, drive it to NJ, and return it in NJ?


Some car rental companies allow one-way rentals all the time, and some only allow it at certain times of year, or if they happen to have a car from the east coast that they want taken back. Sometimes car rental companies have one way specials in the spring, when they are moving their fleets from ski destinations in the west, back to car rental locations in the east. Start checking for availability and pricing for your rental at least 5 or 6 weeks in advance. Check multiple companies to see which one will offer the best rate and look for any one-way specials advertised on their websites.

Make sure to check any mileage restrictions, and make sure that the vehicle you rent will be large enough to carry your belongings.


Category Article

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.