Car Rental Rates

Was I swindled?

I was charged 90.00/day for a rental car. I got a rental car in late october from Dollar Rental Cars. They charged me 90.00 a day for a dodge caviler, not including the insurance. I had to manually roll down each window and i had to lock and unlock every door that i had to use. They charged me 45.00 to completely fill up a tank that was already 3 quarters full. I had the car for 3 days, the complete charge after i returned the car was 632.56. The insurance was 45.00/day. The only reason i went with them was because out of 7-10 rental car companies there they were the only ones with cars.


I don't think you could say that you were swindled. Assuming you agreed to the optional insurance, and agreed to the daily rate at the time of pick up, you paid the price for not making a reservation in advance. Due to the law of supply and demand, being the only company left with cars, enabled them to raise the price way beyond reason, but in the end, you rented it. As to the gas, Dollar's policies state that the vehicle must be returned with a full tank of gas or a refuelling fee applies. They charge a higher rate for the gas than you would have been charged at a local gas station and they also charge you an extra fee because they had to refuel it themselves. You should see information on the gas policy right on your rental agreement.


Category Article

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.