Remy - how it's done

Joe writes in with this:

I enjoy your posts on MiceAge and Ultimate Orlando and wanted to
say that when I read about Remy a month or so ago. I rushed out to a
nice lunch at Les Chefs de France to see for myself. Remy's control is a
small directional pad (like an old NES controller) on top of the handle
of the lid with buttons on the bottom of the handle. I believe there is
also a trigger on the cart somewhere when the handler triggers the "song
and dance" routine. During the "show" the handler never puts the lid
down you will notice...
Our handler, when asked about Remy speaking, said that in the noisy
environment his small voice wasn't loud enough but he (the handler)
would lean in close to get any answers directly from Remy.
I attempted a few times to get a good shot of the lid handle, but I
noticed that the handler was very careful to keep the lid obstructed
when the camera's were out. You can read my little review at my blog
here
.
If you scroll down in my pictures I got a pretty shot of the handler
taking the lid off and you can sort of see his bent thumb on the top
were the D-pad is. I was quite impressed with the animatronics. It can't
be that easy to make something that small work well. I also thought it
was great that they can spin the plate around so he can face different
directions.

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.