Rental Car Insurance

Does my own automobile Insurance cover me while I'm in a rental car? I don't want to take any of the insurances that the car rental companies sell, but I want to make sure that I'm covered.


Your personal automobile insurance will cover you for basic public liability and property damage while on a rental, up to the value of the terms listed on your policy. This will cover any damage you cause (while in the rental car) to other persons, property and other vehicles.

What you will want to check into, is to see if it covers you in any way for any damage or loss (theft) of the rental car itself. If it does, make sure that you're aware of any limitations of such coverage (ie. value of coverage only to the value of your own personal vehicle, not necessarily the value of the rental car, what your deductible would be, if you would be covered for a loss of use fee) and keep in mind that any claim may cause an increase in your own insurance premiums.

You can find out more at Using Personal Coverage for Rental Car Insurance.

Hope this helps!


Category Article

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.