I'm Back In Stresa...


...And the lake looks much as I expected it to. Here it is, from the same spot that the winter photo was taken from. A beautiful day, with a brilliant, cloudless sky.

My first walk included this view, with the juxtaposition of the palm trees along the lake against the snow-capped mountains. An Italian couple stopped me in this spot to ask directions (and I knew and responded in Italian!)


The wishing-well in the center of town, freshly spruced up for spring... And early-season tourists at Caffe Torino in Piazza Cadorna...

I ate my first lunch here, a sandwich of prosciutto and formaggio, a glass of white wine, and che bel sole, beautiful sunshine.

I'll write more later... and often... But now, after sun and wine and sandwich and travel, it's time to rest a bit. A dopo... Later...


Category Article

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.