A Lunch For The Festa Di San Giuseppe

Today, March 19, Italy celebrates fathers and all those named Giuseppe. And I was fortunate enough to celebrate with a friend named Giuseppe, and a friend who is a father. Along with another friend and an adorable two-year old, we lunched at the recently opened Ristorante All' Osteria, in Carpugnino, a little bit up the mountain from Stresa. The restaurant is owned by a friend of Giuseppe's, a chef with many years experience. At lunchtime the restaurant was filled, as they offer a lunch promotion, but we were given some "special" dishes to choose from. Instead of an antipasto, a primo piatto, and a secondo piatto I chose to have only the antipasto and a secondo.

This was my antipasto, sformato di formaggio con salsa di pomodoro fresco.


For my entree, from the selection of secondo piatti, I had the very traditional Milan dish, osso buco con risotto milanese.


My dessert was this torta di pane and an espresso.


Now you see why I didn't have the primo piatto as well. I don't think it would have been possible. All the above was washed down with a house chardonnay, and bottled water from the Valle Vigezzo.

All'Osteria Via S. Pietro, 575 Brovello, Carpugnino Tel. 0323 92 99 54


Category Article ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.